…my husband for most of my inspiration; my friends for putting up with my nonsense; my dog for being the best dog ever and last but not least my parents for creating the wonder that is me 😉
That would be my acceptance speech should I ever be allowed to give one.
I was nominated for the Kreative Blogger award by Mrs. Mooney at Mooney’s Footprints. She and her husband are on an incredible journey to move to Colorado! Her dedication to her beliefs and her “won’t let anyone stop me” personality is inspirational! I’m also partially bias to her blog because she’s moving to the best state ever. We’ve stood in the same spot and taken the same pictures. It’s amazing how small the world is.
The rules of this award are:
Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
List seven random things about yourself.
Nominate 10 other blogs that you admire and enjoy.
Notify the nominees.
Display the award logo on your blog.
Seven random things about me…
1) I have a really, really long name….and it’s hyphenated. When I was growing up I hated my name (sorry mom!) because it’s not a girl’s name. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I truly appreciated that it was unique instead of weird. My first name was my mother’s nickname from her grandmother; my middle name is her maiden name; and my maiden name hyphenated with my married name.
2) I am afraid of the dark…but only a little bit. I turn on most of the lights when I’m home alone (yes, I’m aware it’s not energy efficient.) My parents live in the middle of nowhere with hundreds of acres of fields surrounding them and going outside alone creeps me out. When we visit I try to stay inside.
3) I had a hedgehog named Sonica.
4) I use the acronym “lol” way too much. I can’t help it. I don’t understand most text slang so I dislike its use but this one is my weakness.
And on occasion”wtf” ; my mom always told me not to swear so I feel less guilty when it slips out.
5) And since we’re on the subject of food… I love fried chicken. From anywhere.
6) I’ll try anything once just to say I did it.
7) I am a celebrity junkie. I might hate reality television but I will spend my work hours surfing celebrity pics, gossip, news, etc.
And the award goes to…
It says to nominate 10 other bloggers but I’m going to cut the list because I can 🙂 Actually I’m making it shorter because while I follow a lot of blogs I can’t just go handing out awards willy nilly. 🙂
Passport Must Travel – A blog by one of the most incredible women I have ever met [and her equally fabulous sister though I’ve never met her but if she’s related to this woman she’s awesome 😉 ] It’s a travel blog so it’s not updated on a daily basis but I never get tired of looking at the pictures from their travels/missions. If you’re looking for travel advice, especially with small kids, read the helpful hints on their blog!
Food & Fitness – If you’re looking for great fitness advice and delicious looking food, go here. She does a Fresh 5 Friday which features 5 new blogs she has discovered and there are always a few gems worth checking out.
Rarasaur – For a little bit of everything check out this blog. She posts several times a day, there are times I have to devote an entire day to catching up but it’s defnitely worth it.
Colorado 365 – Once again I’m bias because of the state where this blog is featured. It’s a picture of something in Colorado every day (or most days). There are many gorgeous pictures here such as this one and because I’m a sucker for animal pictures… this one.
That should sum up award season. I’m very honored to be nominated and as soon as I figure out how to post the award on my blog I will display it oh so proudly!
On a unrelated side note my countdown is coming to an end and I’ll be starting my short hiatus at the end of this week. I’m working on a couple posts and am trying my best to have a few scheduled for next week. However, if there’s nothing posted I promise to be back as soon as I wake up from my narcotic induced slumber.
So until the next post. Whenever that may be…