C is for the Cascadian Nomads
(All photo’s were used with permission and are
copyright ofBethany from Cascadian Nomads.)
The Cascadian Nomads are an awesome crew from no other than Cascadia which is defined as…
… the watersheds of rivers that flow into the Pacific Ocean through North America’s temperate rainforest zone, Cascadia, or the Pacific Northwest, extends from northern California to southern Alaska- along a coastline once cloaked in nearly continuous rainforest- and inland as far as the Continental Divide.”
The Nomads are Bethany & Jason (humans) who live with Wilhelm, Brychwyn, Huxley (dogs), Amelia (cat) and Leo Xavier (psittacine). They travel around the going on camping, hikes and lots of adventures!
I first came across Bethany’s blog last April when she posted for Black & White Sunday. I remember loving the 3 dogs together with the skyline of Seattle behind them. (see above 🙂 )
Bethany and I collaborated on questions and topic ideas for pet bloggers who wanted to take the A-Z Challenge. I have to give Bethany 95% of the credit for the great interview questions (I could only think of a few) and they’ve all graciously answered a couple so read below to find out some more cool info about them!
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done with your pet/human?
Bethany: I really didn’t ever think I would be the kind of person who dresses up their pets for holidays. But Tynan so loved the silly pumpkin costume I got for him on sale years ago, I realized that some pets actually like playing dress-up. So, as embarrassing as it is, I am now the kind of person who dresses up their pets!
- If you were to write the story of your life, what would you title it?
Amelia: Survival of a Feline Girl Surrounded By Canine Boys
- If you could have one wish (and it actually came true) what would it be?
Wilhelm: To be able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want.
- What is your favorite place in the whole world (this can be a fantasy place you may love only from photos or descriptions)?
Brychwyn: The Cardiganshire, of course!
- What is your favorite place close to home (this is somewhere you have been and could conceivably go to right now)?
Jason: Lowman Beach. We could all go right now or we could take our kayaks… it’s pretty sweet.
- What is a perfect Sunday morning like for you?
Huxley: A run with Jason, a delicious breakfast, a good roll on the bed and a snooze on the couch.
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- What’s your theme song?
Brychwyn: Deadly Handsome Man by Marcy Playground
- If you could sit down to dinner with any living celebrity or public figure, who would it be?
Jason: That’s a good one. Who always makes me laugh uncontrollably: Jon Stewart.
- If you could sit down to dinner with any no longer living celebrity or public figure, who would it be?
Huxley: Pal, the first collie to play Lassie on screen.
- What is your favorite beverage?
Bethany: a well balanced, over 100IBU beer…
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Leo: A night owl. That early bird catches the worm thing, yuck! Worms look gross.
Do you have or have you had any nicknames?
- Wilhelm: My big brother Tynan was nicknamed Boney-T so I became his Little Man Bone. Sometimes that gets shortened to Manny. I am also Wil, Willie and Wee. Bethany and Jason are kind of crazy but I love them.
- What is the first thing you notice when you meet someone new?
Leo: Whether or not they notice me. Some people address me directly while others ask Jason and Bethany about me. Sometimes I want people to notice me and other times I like to be incognito.
I love the answers and loved learning some new things about everyone. Especially that Amelia loves spinach…I would never have pictured a cat eating spinach! I also used to be a person who thought people who dressed their pets up were a little crazy but now I can’t help it. The outfits are just SO cute!
Maybe one day they’ll have a trek that brings them through Colorado. 😉
I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know Cascadian Nomads a little better! Be sure to go over to their blog to follow their own A-Z Challenge.
Follow along with the other pet bloggers in the A-Z Challenge.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…